posted on April 26, 2014 22:27
Senior Project Engineer
Ms. Santiago is a Senior Project Engineer at PM Environmental, Inc. and has served clients in over six states since 1996. She specializes in Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) and Leaking Underground Storage Tank (LUST) projects. Ms. Santiago has managed thousands of Phase II ESA projects. She has also received regulatory closure on over 50 LUST sites. Her recent focus includes serving commercial/industrial clients, private equity, petroleum jobbers, and banking/lending institutions.
Areas of expertise
- Project Investigator and Senior Project Engineer for leaking underground storage tank (LUST) projects including contaminant delineation and remediation using Risk-Based Corrective Action (RBCA) procedures and reporting in accordance with the Natural Resource and Environmental Protection Act (NREPA) P.A. 451 of 1994, Part 213.
- Project Investigator and Project Engineer for Phase I, Phase II and Phase III Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) projects.
- Project Engineer for the preparation of Baseline Environmental Assessments and Documentation of Due Care Compliance in accordance with the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, P.A. 451 of 1994, Parts 201 and 213.
- Preparation of Tier I and II Initial Assessment Reports, Final Assessment Reports, and Closure Reports in accordance with the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, P.A. 451 of 1994, Parts 201 and 213.
- Field Engineer for drilling of soil borings, installation of monitoring wells, collection of soil and groundwater samples, development of monitoring wells and aquifer testing.
- Site-Specific Health and Safety Plans, Evaluation, and Development.
- National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Reporting.
- Limited Bulk Asbestos Containing Building Materials (ACBM) Sampling.
- Preparation of Act 381 Work Plans in accordance with the Brownfield Redevelopment Financing Act, 1996 P.A. 381, as amended.
- Developed and implemented company ISO 9001-2008 Protocol including developing Quality Manuals, Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Internal Auditor of Company ISO Protocol, including Auditing, Management Review, and Completing Correction Action Reports.
- Project Manager for underground storage tank (UST) system site assessment projects including removal and in -place closure and reporting in accordance with NREPA P.A. 451 of 1994, Part 211.
- Project Manager for Vapor Encroachment Intrusion and Indoor Air Assessments in accordance with NREPA P.E. 451 of 1994, Parts 201 and 213 and ASTM E-2600.
- Provide peer technical oversight to staff members on Due Diligence LUST projects.
Michigan Technological University B.S. Geological Engineering
Albion College B.A. Mathematics
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 40–hour Safety Training
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 8-hour Supervisory Training
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 8-hour Annual Refresher Safety Training
American Red Cross Standard First Aid and Adult CPR
Engineer in Training October 1995
Meets the definition of Environmental Professional as defined in § 312.10 of 40 CFR 312
ASTM Risk-Based Corrective Action Applied at Petroleum Release Sites
ISO 9001-2008 Internal Auditor
ITRC Light Non-aqueous Phase Liquids (LNAPLs): Science, Management, and Technology