posted on November 29, 2010 17:18
Principal and Vice President
Mr. Stephenson is a Principal and Vice President at PM Environmental, Inc. and has served clients throughout the Southeastern United States and Alaska since 1990. Mr. Stephenson has managed portfolios of projects during his tenure including environmental due diligence, corrective action design, remediation, acquisitions, divestitures, new to industry site development, SPCC, NPDES, Oil Water Separators, NEPA, FAA Audits, and environmental compliance initiatives. He has successfully achieved
regulatory closure of hundreds of LUST sites through the Southeastern United States and Alaska. His recent focus is on hydrocarbon services for LUST trust contracts in Alabama and Tennessee and various major retail petroleum clients.
Areas of expertise
- Program Manager for multiple major oil clients handling portfolios of sites in various stages of assessment and remediation. This includes designing numerous divestitures and acquisitions in order to meet the objectives of the seller, buyer and lender.
- Program Manager for a Refined Products Transporter. Aided in reviewing and cross referencing System Integrity Plan with EPA CFR’s to ensure the plan met or exceeded the Federal Regulations. Reviewed and commented on Facility Response Plans and implemented program with client to ensure routine updates for the response programs.
- Senior project manager for multiple Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments projects.
- Senior project manager for environmental regulatory compliance audits.
- Senior project manager for leaking underground storage tank (LUST) projects including removal and in-place closures, contaminant delineation, and remediation using Risk-Based Corrective Action (RBCA) procedures.
- Developed and implemented a compliance program for oil water separators at multiple locations throughout the southeast.
- Senior project manager of operations and maintenance of over 45 remedial sites throughout the southeast and Alaska.
- Preparation and review of generic and site-specific risk assessments.
- Review of National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) groundwater and surface water discharge permit applications and routine Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMR’s).
- Senior project manager of a remedial construction project at a federal facility consisting of the installation of two miles of subsurface conveyance piping and four high flow air strippers for remediation of TCE plume.
- Senior project manager over numerous construction management projects. These included abatement, demolition, renovation, and minor construction activities.
Tennessee Technological University B.S. Major Geology, Minor Business
OSHA 1910.120 Hazardous Waste 8-hour Supervisor Training
OSHA 1910.120 Hazardous Waste Training Level B
Confined Space Entry Training
Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC) Soil Erosion Planning and Management
TDEC Storm Water Pollution Prevention Workshop
TDEC Approved Methamphetamine Contractor and Hygienist
American Red Cross Standard First Aid and CPR Training
Meets the definition of Environmental Professional as defined in § 312.10 of 40 CFR 312
State of Tennessee No. 1324
State of Alabama No. 742
State of Kentucky No. 1915
Certified Methamphetamine Hygienist
State of Tennessee No. CML-H 0305-06
American Institute of Professional Geologists
National Groundwater Association
TTU Alumni Association