posted on November 29, 2010 17:50
Founder and CEO
Mr. Kulka is a Chief Executive Officer and Principal at PM Environmental, Inc. and has served clients throughout the United States since 1989. He specializes in Environmental Due Diligence, Portfolio Management, Mergers and Acquisitions, Transactional Real Estate and Development. Mr. Kulka is the National Client Manager for numerous Fortune 1000 financial institutions, retail chains, industrial conglomerates, and real estate developers. He has managed multiple large scale commercial/retail and industrial redevelopments involving multiple service lines within the company. Mr. Kulka has presented on national panels within the environmental industry on topics such as Environmental Due Diligence, Brownfields, leaking underground storage tank (LUST), Environmental Compliance, and Environmental Oddities.
Areas of expertise
- Principal and Senior Project Manager for Brownfield Redevelopment Projects.
- Principal and Senior Project manager for Phase II and Phase III Environmental Site Assessment Projects.
- Principal and Senior Project Manager for Baseline Environmental Assessments (BEA) Projects.
- Principal and Senior Project Manager for Phase I Environmental Site Assessments using ASTM Standards 1527.
- Principal and Senior Project Manager for Property Condition Assessments and Construction Loan Monitoring.
- Principal Engineer for Energy Audits and Building Evaluations for Energy Star, LEED and CMP Certification.
- Principal and Senior Project Manager for Environmental Regulatory Compliance Audits.
- Principal and Senior Project Manager for Leaking Underground Storage Tank (LUST) Projects, including removal and in-place closures, contaminant delineation, and remediation using RBCA procedures.
- Expert in Compliance with the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, P.A. 451 of 1994, Parts 201, 203, 211, 213, and 215 as well as Parts 111 and 115.
- Preparation and review of land use based remedial action plans.
- Expert in applying for land use based closures.
- Expert in applying for and accessing state and federal environmental cleanup funds.
- Preparation and review of feasibility studies for the remediation of soil and groundwater.
- Preparation and review of generic and site-specific risk assessments.
- Design of soil and groundwater remediation systems at contaminated sites.
- Review of National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) groundwater and surface water discharge permit applications.
- Oversight of field and construction services division.
- Experience with building inspections for asbestos and lead based paint.
- Experience with indoor air quality (IAQ) assessments including mold inspections.
- Experience with storm water pollution prevention plans (SWPPP).
- Experience with SPCC plans and PIPPs.
Michigan State University B.S. Civil and Environmental Engineering
Michigan State University Graduate Studies Environmental Engineering
ASTM Risk Based Corrective Action
State of Michigan - No. 42073
State of Alabama - No. 22445
State of Georgia - No. 23834
Certified UST Professional
State of Michigan - No. 859
OSHA 1910.120 Hazardous Waste Training to Level B
OSHA 1910.120 Hazardous Waste 8-hour Supervisor Training
American Red Cross Standard First Aid and Adult CPR
Certified Asbestos Building Inspector Accreditation No. A25217
Meets the definition of Environmental Professional as defined in § 312.10 of 40 CFR 312
Environmental Bankers Association
Michigan Association of Community Bankers
Association for Corporate Growth
Commonground Advisory Board
Michigan Petroleum Association
Michigan Bankers Association
Visiting Professor at Michigan State University for Site Planning and Development
Commonground Founding Member